So That's that...
I have finished my finals and now I am spending my last week in Croatia doing what i do best... nothing! My presentation and paper were on International Migration, so when i return we can have a discussion about that if you would like.
Croatia is a beautiful country, i suggest visiting it. My program has us located on the coast just outside of the town of Pula. Look it up, it's a magnificent city. And the best part of this, is that it is extremely cheap. its almost 6 Kunas to a dollar...enough said. Everyone in the group put thier money together and we took a boat cruise around the islands here. As we cruised the waves and I enjoyed the cool sea breeze, we saw old roman ruins, sea gulls, fish, olive groves and ate a delicious fish dinner.
Not too much activity has been going on as i was writing my paper except an epic laundry experience. You see, we are staying at this hotel and so in order to not pay for laundry service, my roommate, Evan, and I decided to improvise. I had some Woolite packets that you can use to wash small amounts of laundry in the sink. Therefore, using our exstensive knowlege of washing clothes all these long 2 years in college in addition to using Man Logic, a bathtub of our entire 2 weeks worth of dirty laudry was created. After a little scrubbing, a little soaking, and a lot of wringing out water, our clothes ended up on the balcony to dry in the non existant sun, due to the overcast of an appoaching storm. a few days later, most of our clothes are dry and we smell as fresh as a cool croatian breeze.
Alright mes amis, good luck with the spring and finals, and i will see you all soon!
-DJ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment