Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Culmination of Comments

Here are some final thoughts:

I have been back in the states for a while now which has allowed me to both reminisce and reflect on my time abroad. All and all, I am overjoyed to be home. I have rested, hung out with my family, and partly settled back into my old routine. The most interesting aspect of being back home must be that I experienced hardcore culture shock. That is, culture shock when i came back, not when i went there. it took about three "pardon"s after running into people in Columbus, Ohio before i caught on that i should take things more slowly until I am used to the states. Also, i'm sure the crazy, short and crotchety homeless man that shouted at me to "go overdose you druggie" added to the culture shock. Overall, I am excited for this summer because about 5 or 6 people from my program will be here in the DC area, so i'll get to see them all. I have also realized that rather than tell one long continuous story of my time abroad, all the little stories will come out when the time is right.

so here is the end of my time in Europe, however, it does not mean that I will not be keeping people updated on the random mishaps that describe my life.

-Always in Europe,
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment